Cari Cusick, of the Emporia-3 cohort, was the first student to correctly answer all five SLIM/ALA trivia questions!
Here are the answers, for those interested:
1. What year was ALA founded? ALA was founded in 1876.
2. T/F – Melvil Dewey was a founding member of ALA. True! Melvil Dewey was a founding member.
3. What year was SLIM founded? SLIM was founded in 1902.
4. T/F – SLIM is the oldest library school west of the Mississippi. True!
5. What was the first year that ESU received accreditation from ALA? ESU first received accreditation from ALA in 1930/1931.
Thanks to everyone who participated in the First Mug Giveaway! Keep posted, as we will be hosting another giveaway soon!